Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy August!

It's August 1st! I cannot believe we're already halfway through summertime. I'm happy about that, because as much as I love everything related to summer (swimming, laying out, waterparks, etc) I am so looking forward to fall and winter! Cool air, the festivities and more!

This month is special to me because it's the month that Dusten and I got married! August 14th, 2010 was our special day. This year, we are taking a weekend trip to Galveston Beach which is right near Houston off the Gulf of Mexico. We are leaving Isabelle with my mother and Olivia with the in-laws and taking off Friday the 23rd and returning Sunday the 25th. I can not be any more excited!

We had a great day today! Us girls went to a good friends house and played and chatted for awhile then we tried this new restaurant over in Pflugerville that was delish! After awhile we headed on home after great conversations, yummy meal and a fun playdate!

This weekend we have a birthday party to go to, other than that we are just hanging out and doing yard work. I love lazy weekends! <3

Dinner for tonight:

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole w/ salad
http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/11/baked-cream-cheese-spaghetti-casserole.html


2 comments:

Chloe Smith said...

that sounds amazing ill have to try that recipe!
it was really fun today hun <3

Sarah said...

We had a blast, too!
It was super easy. I like to try alternatives to favorite dishes, gives it a bit of flare, know what I mean?

At the beginning of my Pinterest days, I used to try everything by scratch and when I had Isabelle there was NO way I could be in the kitchen from 4-6pm cooking! So I've been finding recipes that take usually less than 2 hours (prep & cook time altogether) that way I am not in the kitchen cleaning up until 9pm. Doesn't help this house does not have a dishwasher :/

Post a Comment