Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wedding Anniversary

It has been a wonderful and very short three years since I have said "I Do" to my hunky husband. In that three years we have moved to Texas and had two beautiful little girls. Life sure has kept us busy in those years but nonetheless we appreciate and are grateful for every second we have together!

Our wedding definitely was not one from a bridal magazine I can tell you that much! Basically we got pregnant January of 2010 and wanted to be one under God before I had Olivia! Dusten and I didn't like the fact that we would have Olivia out of wedlock so we got married August 14th, 2010! It was a simple wedding inside the church that Dusten grew up in, because having a wedding back where I'm from, Illinois, would be more of a hassle and more than what we could afford.

Being 7 months pregnant, I had to find a cheap maternity dress and by the Grace of God I found one on my first search! We had our wedding in Arkansas then a small reception over at Dusten's great-grandmother's house and then we were on our way back to Texas the next day to move in to our first place together. It was small and humble but perfect for our beginning family :)

I couldn't have asked for a better man to be my life-long partner. He makes me smile everyday and still gives me goosebumps & butterflies :)

We aren't really celebrating today. We'll be going on an anniversary beach getaway trip the weekend of the 23rd, kid free of course (yeehaw!), and we'll be celebrating then! Good food, sand between our toes and I'm sure a margarita or two (or three, four, five) <3


1 comments:

Chloe Smith said...

I think its romantic. That small intimate wedding. Our wedding wasnt out of a magazine either.. Have so much fun on your trip guys!

Post a Comment