Sunday, August 18, 2013

Parenting

Back when Olivia was a baby through to pre-toddler stage, I was that parent. You might wonder what I mean by "that" parent. "That" parent is one who, I think, swears up and down that they will make all of their own baby food, cloth diaper, give baths every night, co-sleep, babywear, all natural birth, create my own birthing plan and so on.. I could go on forever. Weeeell, let's just say none of this worked out. I did the bathe every night routine for about a month and a half and that got old quick especially since Olivia was only 1 month old and not being very active = not getting dirty. I promised myself no sugar, no television, read books all day everyday, abc's by 2 and 123's by 18 months. Boy, was I in for a surprise.

I was so attached to her and when my in-laws would want to take her for the day or baby her too much I always said no or slow your roll, people! I overwhelmed myself because I never wanted anyone else to raise her or even be around her (call me selfish) with the exception of my husband.

What is funny now is how I act when it comes to both girls is far different than how I was at the beginning! I am not a worry wart as I used to be. I think things change when you have multiple children!


0 comments:

Post a Comment